Research shows that stress management is a vital contributor to enhancing work performance, reducing interpersonal friction, diminishing mood swings, and ultimately to achieving an increased sense of personal control. The first step in coping with stress is to fully understand what it is all about. Then, armed with sound information and practical advice, you can begin to handle your challenges more comfortably.
This workshop is based on the premise that you can learn to understand your own response to the particular stressors in your life. Then you can develop a problem-solving approach that will help you reduce the negative impact, and increase the positive impact of these stressors.
Participants take an active role in learning how to implement problem-solving strategies, both on the job and at home. The workshop includes a psycho-educational component, which is complimented by discussions, exercises, reflection, and problem solving.
After this workshop, you will be able to…
- Identify the potential stressors for you
- Use a problem-solving approach to find solutions to your unpleasant stress
- Recognize what has, and has not, worked for you
- Learn to control worry and fear
- Understand that procrastination multiplies your stress and develop a “do it now” approach
- Appreciate how you deplete your willpower, and give in to temptation
- Identify the negative coping methods you use and substitute positive ones
- Use some quick and easy stress reduction techniques
- Build your resilience with powerful coping skills
Of interest to…
This workshop is designed for people at all levels in the organization who would like to learn some new strategies to reduce their unpleasant stress and get more power from their intelligence and experience. This workshop is for people who want to live life fully moment to moment.